Solved: How to build Flutter project with Android aar file?
I want to use Flutter to create an Android app which depends on a third-party SDK that wrapped in an aar file. So far, I have only found the article Accessing Platform and Third-Party Services in Flutter. It seems that I have to build the Flutter project with additional Java files using Android Studio. This is complicated and not what I want. Is there any way to directly load aar files or *.so files in Dart code? Something like how JNI works.
After learning the Flutter example - hello services, I have successfully built my Flutter project with aar file.
- Download the Flutter source code.
- Open flutter/examples/hello_services/android in Android Studio.
- Click File > New > New Module and choose Import .JAR/.AAR Package.
- Press F4 to open Project Structure, and then add the dependent module.
- Write Java code to invoke APIs that defined in aar file.
- Import flutter/examples/hello_services to Intellij IDEA.
- Build and run the Flutter app.
I've pushed the source code to GitHub.